Who We Are

New Covenant was officially organized on Sunday, April 20, 1997 at the Claude W. Black Community Center, 2805 E. Commerce Street, San Antonio, Texas.

On November 11, 1998, Reverend Dr. Paul D. Stevens, Sr. was called to serve as the first pastor of New Covenant. Pastor Stevens gave New Covenant its motto: “Expanding the Kingdom on Purpose.” On June 2000, New Covenant dedicated 7.8 acres of land at 1107 S. E. Loop 410 for our future church site. October 14, 2001 we were blessed to burn the mortgage on the new site. April 6, 2003 we held our groundbreaking celebration on the 7.8 acres. Nine months later, January 4, 2004 we dedicated our new 15,500 square feet worship facility. The membership of New Covenant has grown to over 1,700 in its short history.